View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 11:56 PM   #978
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
I have a troubleshooting question for PC. My custom rig I've had for a while now has crashed. I get nothing on the monitor and no beeps. I've swapped monitors, swapped out ram, removed video card, reset CMOS and battery, applied new thermal paste and fan. It seems to make normal start up noises. But I've done most items I can think of. Any suggestions?
Does it display the Bios boot screen at all when it is booting?(If yes then possibly wrong display settings in OS. Boot to safe mode and try lower display settings)

Are you able to get no ram error? (eg try booting system without ram) if you can't, then motherboard.

It's been awhile since I've had to diagnose a possible bad cpu as that is usually a different set of beeps from the motherboard.

Other thing is while keyboard is connected, when the CAPS lock key is toggled does the caps lock light turn on and off? If not then definitely the motherboard.

Otherwise maybe trying a lower power video card in a different pcie slot might work to determine if there is a dead pcie slot or not. Other thing is improperly inserted video card / loose video card. If it is improperly inserted remove video card inspect connector (the golden conductors that insert into slot) for tarnish or carbon scoring that will indicate shorting.