View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #59
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Have you seen it when the patient in question committed a violent act when they weren’t on medication? I have to believe that’s more of a deterrent than any restriction that could be placed on him.
There is a wierd feedback loop at least for depression meds where you convince yourself that you are fine because you feel fine and the side affects from the meds seem not to outweigh the risk because you currently feel perfectly normal despite the fact in your rational brain you know that ceasing to take these meds will result in depression. But this idea that somehow you are now cured is very persuasive.

I don’t know if it’s similar to schizophrenia or not but saying that the consequence will ensure compliance is not correct.

In the Edmonton Journal article they state that Voluntary Compliance for medication taking is not the most effective method of ensuring compliance.

For me the line on the NCR cases is that they should have mandatory supervised medication consumption for the rest of their life. I think that would be a reasonable balance between personal liberty and public safety
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: