View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #28
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ruzicka for me. Didn't have much hopes for him as I thought he would need a few years in the minors to find himself and his game. Came to camp and has impressed me with his hands. Got some sick mitts there. Still needs to find some speed and intensity, but he's really given me hope for a big power forward in the organization.

Gawdin gets the honorable mention. Really impressed with his shot off the wing. Could be one of those quiet snipers on the right line. Will be interesting to see his development in the AHL this year.

Disappointments in camp this year have been limited as well. I don't expect a lot in camp other than to see guys expected to take a step up, take a step up. That hasn't happened. There has been no prospect force the situation. There hasn't been a guy in a position who needs to push even step up. I expected Mangipagne to step up and seize a bigger role, but his contract situation didn't help. I had hoped Bennett would dominate, but he's not finding that groove against weaker opponents in the pre-season. This camp has been a reflection of the Flames off season. Nothing to get excited about nor any sizzle to the bacon. Bring on the regular season already. Let's play some hockey that matters.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote