View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #1654
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Well guess who is slotting in to Tkachuk’s spot right now.

The guy who played well with Backlund and Frolik as a rookie but got deployed in bottom 6 by Gulutzan

Look at the Flames first PP unit. 5 guys all with over 20 PP points . Tkachuk wasn’t the primary focus or lifeblood of the PP, he was one of those 5 that all got points

Do you think that if they slot Bennett on the PP1 in his spot that all of the other guys get their 20 plus points but Bennett doesn’t?

We all like Tkachuk. But deployment of players does affect their production
If you're pinning significant offensive replacement on Bennett you should probably re-evaluate. He might bring the intensity, but he has certainly shown no ability to finish anywhere near the level of a top 6 player or first unit PP guy, let alone a star like Tkachuk and it has nothing to do with deployment.

I like what Bennett has become under Peters, but let's not kid ourselves, he's a long way off from being a mainstay on the Flames PP1. Tkachuk has produced in a variety of capacities and also away from our team's top offensive players and his success as a Flame certainly not simply a result of his deployment on PP1 last year.