View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #1224
tkflames
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Golden View Post
If Tkachuk holds out I wouldn't fault him one bit. The Flames what I suspect are offering 7m max. He is worth more and the Flames have the weak strategy do us a solid we can only can offer 7m because we have to sign Mangi for 800k.

The Flames know damn well Tkachuk is worth 8.5m in this current ridiculous NHL market.
If Tkachuk holds out it's the Flames who have created that situation by not getting Tkachuk done and making the necessary moves to allow that.
All Tkachuk did was exactly what the team wanted play hard, become a leader, put up points and become a very popular young player amongst Flames fans.
If Aho is worth 8.5...Chucky is worth less..how much less??? Somewhere above Timo Meier and somewhere below Aho. This is the $2.5M space they are negotiating in.

You speaking uncertainties dosen't make it anymore true. Also you have disregarded term which is a critical part of this conversation.

6.75 x 3 because he is worth less to the team than Gio and Gaudreau
+8x2 because he is worth less than Aho
+8.5 x2 because there is growth
= 7.61 AAV for 7 years.

I would love to hear the arguement on comparables until Ratannen and Connor sign that makes the above unfair.