Thread: Building A Home
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #22
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Look at the future development and planning of Mahogany. My wife and I also live in the community and love it.
As for the remarks about builders sweating and negotiating hard on spec homes.... this is a case by case basis. An area like Mahogany is doing quite well and I just finished negotiating with builder on 3 different properties in the area.
As for upgrades, think resale. Think about what is seen as standard now vs something that is seen as dated. Go out and view a number of available properties on the MLS and have your realtor point out upgrades vs non upgrades. It is easy to get caught up in the show home where everything has been done up but not until you see some basic level finishings will you really be able to see what is important to you.

I can't put enough focus on the lot itself. Many of these new areas have very small yards. Distinguish yourself when it comes time to sell with your lot.

Also, there will be 9 or so major exits from Mahogany in the near future. Towards the YMCA will be a road connecting 88th St and 52nd St. There are already a handful of exits onto 52nd. Then a handful onto that east west road up by the Y and then at least 1 exit onto 88th which is awesome to get right onto stoney. There was some discussion about this being delayed / cancelled but then other parts of the city website say it is still a go. The land to the East of Mahogany appears to be owned by a developer and 88th will have to be a major road if that development goes ahead.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Travis Munroe is offline   Reply With Quote