View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 10:48 AM   #433
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
No one is claiming SIS's are an answer to addiction, they are as you put it, a band aid on a bullet wound, but if you were shot wouldn't you want a sodding band aid on your wound? or would you prefer they crawl off and bleed to death somewhere you don't have to see them?
No, this is not a simple answer. Nobody wants anyone to go die in the gutter - generalizing the problem that way is just plain silly.

I would prefer that a user, can visit a SIS and then be moved toward a rehabilitation program and be treated by professionals and put on a path back to recovery. This SIS is just half of the solution to a problem that needs real treatment, not enabling.

As it stands now, repeat visitors are literally killing themselves slowly while many pat themselves on the back for merely putting off an inevitable OD for another day. I find that just as sad as letting someone go off to die like you say.

The only solution is treatment, counselling and recovery and there needs to be a change in this program to eventually get rid of SIS because people have been helped and effective treatment plans developed.