View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #1481
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
thoughts on wall mounts? I'm mounting a 55" tv in our master bedroom directly across from our bed. It will be perfectly centered to the bed, and, around 6 feet from the foot of the bed to the wall (or so, I haven't measured).

So the only question I have left to consider is swivel vs tilt only. I don't see a need to have the tv come out on an arm except for when me or the wife (or both.. oo sexy!) are having a tub. It seems like a weird thing to get an arm to swivel with, due to the limited usage it'd get. Where as the tilt only would be a nice low profile. What are peoples experiences mounting in their bedroom, what would you do again or differently?

Specific amazon mount recommendation would be really appreciated too.
I got this one for a 58" TV and I really like it. It doesn't stick out too far from the wall and works great for my needs.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought both swivel and fixed and in the end, I liked the swivel one far better. I don't like tilt mounts because its a fixed position and it's really not useful unless you don't need to actually tilt the tv for viewing angles. Another reason to get the swivel is if you need to plug something in the back etc, it's far easier to access than a fixed tilt mount, whereas the fixed tilt mounts I got were a pain to access the back of the TV for HDMI etc. Fixed tilt for a monitor might work, but I didn't really like it for a TV.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote