View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #4152
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeGeeWhy View Post
Thank you.

I think that we are quite bad at the energy industry, despite its importance to our economy. Not understanding fundamental structural realities like this being a prime argument as to why.

If we can't get this around our heads and act accordingly, why should anyone else in the confederation outside of Alberta trust Albertans to steward her resources appropriately? Its no doubt why we are looked at so unfavourably in the ROC, and can't negotiate deals that work. We reap what we sow.

Picking up our ball and leaving the country isn't going to automatically improve that fundamental understanding, either. I'm still left wondering how we would be better off outside Canada.
When I left the industry back in 2017, there was a grudging, but growing acceptance that the Calgary perspective had messed most things up beyond repair given the paradigm, and that a new way forward had to be forged. Unfortunately, I think that arrogance from the energy sector and incompetence has done more damage than can be undone by an energy-friendly government - whatever that means.

I am still so frustrated to see conspiracy clowns like Krause continue to provide excuses to an out-of-touch sector.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post: