View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #4149
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeGeeWhy View Post
After Harper shut the door on energy trusts, mega projects are all that is left. Meaningfully, anyhow.

Then his government threw cold water on SOE investment, and refused to deal with the issues on the West Coast like Prentice wanted to. As such the dominoes started to fall on those and now we see the consequences. Seriously, read Triple Crown... it is fantastic and enlightening.

The Liberals, as ham fisted as they've been, are at least not assuming that the same treaty based legal processes that work in AB & SK will not work in BC. I think they're right about that, but I do not agree with how they're trying to get it done because it still doesn't really set us up for future expansions into the Asian Pacific Basin heavy crude and LNG markets. We will see the consequences for THOSE decisions in another 8 or so years.

And it is frustrating that the industry doesn't admit this and promote legitimate long term ideas. They're so short term focused, and want a government that WILL try to put the west under treaty and force projects through the supreme court. That's the role the right is trying to play, and the rhetoric and lack of education in the general public adds to us just eating it all up like it will actually work. It ain't cowboys and indians anymore.

These aren't the stewards our provincial bounty needs.
i don't know if you ever stepped foot on an energy trust facility. They were down right scary. I went to Pennwest battery near Sylvan lake that was only two years old. It looked like it was 30 years old and 6" sour gas lines with threaded pipe.

I never felt safe when working with Trusts. They always cut corners to move money back to the investors. Harper did the right thing when he shut them down. People would have died.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guzzy For This Useful Post: