View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #2622
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

To me, its not a good trade, its not a bad trade, its a trade, and maybe its a trade that needed to happen.

On the one side, the Flames got some savings on the cap, and a potential draft pick.

On the other side, they bought in a guy on a horrendous contract, that's struggled over the last two years on a horrific hockey team.

On yet another side, they got rid of a guy that looked lazy, tired, unengaged whatever and when we needed him in the playoffs, he basically did what he'd been doing all year, putting in no effort.

At least with Lucic, there's the possibly of adding something that the Flames don't have right now except for a couple of players, and that's a bit of bite, and someone that can maybe make the Gaudreau's and Monahan play with a bit less fear.

At the same time, it feels like Neal just wasn't a fit and he certainly wasn't a effort guy this year, and this team has plenty of scoring power, so Neal's loss isn't a loss, its probably a positive that he's out of the dressing room.

But I can't judge this trade until the teams step on the ice, and we see if Lucic was committed to this off season.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: