View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #63
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Who is saying that what someone says isn’t valid? Don’t put words in my mouth.
Excuse me? Never put words in your mouth, was simply backing up Enoch Root's assessment by saying it's a valid reason.

Quote:
Now a year ago Fox was already traded. So that’s a bad timeline so unless you’re some fan that constantly ranks your favorite Flame prospects based on all currently available info I would say the last time most people objectively compared Fox to the other D prospects was 2 off seasons ago. And most would have had him behind IMO.
This is bordering on pedantic!

Adam Fox was traded from the Flames to Carolina June 23rd 2018, I think it's reasonable to say "a year ago" in this case. Perfectly fair timeline.

There is no certain date you can compare prospects. The Flames off season had already started when Fox was traded to Carolina in this case and I have no doubt Flames fans on many types of social media had been ranking their prospects, especially leading into the NHL draft, the biggest time for prospects. Little doubt that a year ago year plus one month fans of all bases were ranking their prospects. Objectively ranking them.

Quote:
Fox’s value has consistently gone up since his draft year. Good for him.
100%, so has Valimaki's who wasn't viewed as a potential top pairing guy when drafted but is now IMO.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote