View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 01:05 PM   #20
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
To me Gawdin's short coming is the same as Tuulola's. I don't think that either are good enough skaters to have an impact in the NHL. No prospect on this list is perfect, but strong skating is almost a must. Lomberg is a perfect example of the opportunities a player can get because of their skating, while Lomberg is not exceptional in any capacity, the fact that he can skate at an NHL level has allowed him to play multiple games for the Flames. Its hard to get a sniff at the NHL without proving that you have the speed.
I would tend to agree with the Lomberg example, but Gawdin's skating isn't really all that bad. I've watched him play in 6 games in Stockton and his skating reminds me of Tkachuk. Now that's not a great comparison as Tkachuk may be the worst skater in our top 6. But Tkachuk is doing quite well with his less than steller skating ability.

Gawdin strikes me as a guy who could seamlessly get into the lineup as early as this year. Likely as a Hathaway replacement. He'll never be a top line scorer, but he has rounded out his game and can play in all 3 zones. 3rd line potential as a ceiling, depth forward floor imo. Guaranteed to get some NHL games some time in the next 2 years. I can't say the same about Zav, Pospisil, or Niko, although I believe Pospisil is the most intriguing at this stage.
Zoller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoller For This Useful Post: