View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #532
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrodieFan View Post
Exactly. I have been continuously baffled why any Calgary fan would want him. As a Leaf's fan, I couldn't wait to be rid of him. He's the worst whiner/liar in the NHL. 'I don't remember making the cut throat sign to Gio..twice' is the tip of the iceberg with this loser. Flames dodged a bullet, regardless of his past numbers and 'potential.'
I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of the whole Gio-Kadri thing. Emotions run high and people do/say things that they regret. Water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

People would be saying the same stuff about Tkachuk if he didn't play for the Flames.

I only care about winning and the Flames getting a Stanley Cup. I can't see how bringing in a top 6 two way center capable of 30 goals and 60 points while playing with an edge on a cheap contract could have hurt their odds.

Just taking some of the scoring pressure off of the top line and allowing Backlund to be used in a more specialized role would have made the Flames that much harder to game plan against. It opens up a whole new realm of flexibility for the coaching staff.

I really like Backlund and Monahan, but they need more support down the middle and Kadri was the best option available IMO. Easy to see why Treliving targeted him.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bax For This Useful Post: