View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 PM   #11
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a feeling that this past year was going to be his last. I enjoy him for entertainment purposes, and also out of tradition. He's not always out to lunch, and a lot of the time nowadays he's pretty politically correct compared to ten years back. I seen it as his last year simply because he looks like he was aging (quite a few weeks he appeared to have quite swollen hands), and because of the look and being in the entertainment industry, Rogers would find a way to get someone young on there to be their new guy. They already tried it a few years back with Strombolopolous (sp?), and I'm sure they'll go back to trying something like that again, given the need to always get the younger demographic. I do hope they keep the segment going until he decides to end it himself. I don't personally find any of the show nowadays a problem unless Don needlessly starts talking about the troops (on a hockey show). Aside from that the beauty of the show is the tradition, with infographics and technology slowly modernizing the product. Hotstove is good for the sensationalist fan who loves rumors. The game is the game. Perhaps they change the pregame show more for the kids, but everything else is fine. Rogers will be Rogers though.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote