View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 10:49 AM   #493
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
That's moreso my point. You don't have all of the facts and are trying to make arguments based on assumptions
Right. Welcome to Calgary Puck.

I’d argue the percentage amount of conversations based on hypotheticals, assumptions, rumours, media opinion, etc, is in the high 90s.

If your point is that we shouldn’t make arguments when we don’t know all the facts, then you’re going to end up with us talking about nothing. ESPECIALLY when it comes to contract negotiations.

All we can do is make arguments and conversation based on what we know, which may or may not be true. I’m going to go ahead and continue doing that, because it’s fun. It shouldn’t have to be repeatedly said that opinions are opinions, based on whatever is out there, and even my opinion that someone is wrong, is simply an opinion.

Strange Brew’s opinion that Tkachuk would sign an offer sheet of $10 mil on any team is an opinion based on the info available.
Textcritic’s opinion that Tkachuk would only sign an offer sheet if it helped him sign with the Flames is an opinion based on the info available.

If you have a different opinion, let’s go. But if your only opinion is that “we can’t know these things” then you’re not going to have much fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: