Thread: 2019 CFL season
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 07:56 AM   #235
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
13.5 point underdogs, very impressive performance... apparently that new blocking rule means you can’t contact the kickers plant leg during the kick, can still make contact with the leg kicking the ball.
Not a fan of that rule especially because we have seen kickers have started to embellish contact. This one was legit contact but I don't know how you can expect to get out fast enough to block a kick and somehow manage to ensure at the same time you are jumping at the ball you try to miss the kicker. I feel bad for these guys like I do pass rushers as we are seeing roughing the passer penalties where the pass rusher is better off quitting on the play than doing his job of trying to take down the QB because if the officials deem you contacted him a millisecond late (there was at least one last night that was very marginal) it's 15 yards or if the QB ducks his helmet into the pass rushers helmet it's 15 yards. As in all sports they brought in replay to get rid of the egregious fouls that get missed but it's blown up to the point where you can't get excited about any goal, TD, interception, etc until you are 100% sure that it's not going to video review.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote