View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #1264
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
It was a lot of fun hanging out with the Foot Soldiers for the day. I hope we kept you well watered, Sherm. It is a shame that the result didn't go our way, but it was still a fun day out.

The Rose and Crown is a great "home pub" as well. The waitress was great, got us our free bus tickets, recommended against ordering food because by the time we made up our mind it would cut too close to the departure time (the kitchen had been slammed), and they even have the York v. Halifax match on the screen when we returned. Highly recommend the pub, bus, match, bus, pub routine if you're looking for a day out.

Hats off to Shermanator and the Foot Soldiers - they've really done a lot for the supporters culture in this city.
I second Jimmy Stang's comments; I had a great day and the only thing missing was a Cavs' late goal to seal the deal on the Spring Championship. I have now been to both Kildare's and R&C for Cavalry pre-game, and both are fantastic.

It was my pleasure to provide you with some liquid gratitude Shermanator. The atmosphere at Spruce Meadows is outstanding, and you & the Foot Soldiers have done much of the heavy lifting! I am also somewhat surprised at how quickly I have fallen in love with this team - they are now on par with the Flames and Stamps for me!

It was also great to meet TheIronMadien at the Rose & Crown. Thanks for introducing yourself to Jimmy & I!

Last edited by Howie_16; 06-23-2019 at 04:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie_16 For This Useful Post: