View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:05 PM   #77
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Well, since the number of tickets given out seem to indicate that folks aren't wise to the speed limit, I'm not sure where this is going. No speeding (or staying to 10 over) means you'll almost never get a ticket, and it'll never be a problem. But apparently even keeping to around 10 over is a big problem for a majority of people?

As well, no matter where CPS sets up, folks will never agree that it's needed or not there. For everyone on here complaining about a certain location, I could probably produce two phone calls from people asking for enforcement there. The number of calls I get about folks speeding through and/or passing someone in a school zone are eye rollingly staggering.

A lot of folks here (on CP) feel that the speed limits are too low (I personally happen to agree), while the overwhelming majority of phone calls I deal with at work are that the speed limits are too HIGH and CPS doesn't do enough enforcement. So no matter where or when they set up, folks are both going to be glad for it, and angry about it.

I can tell you that a large portion of the locations for setup come from the Traffic Service Requests and phone calls we get. Not all, but a large portion of them do. I don't know the criteria for all site selection.
I would think that those people complaining about speed limits too high are, for the most part, aged 65 or older in which case CPS reply should be “thanks ma’am, we’ll look into it” and then promptly do nothing about it. That’s the correct action on that one.

In fact old people should have their licenses taken away around 80 anyway so their opinions on driving shouldn’t matter. Retired people: a) are generally cranky b) have opinions and want them known c) have nothing better to do and all the time in the world and d) are almost always the strugglers I see on the road driving like miss daisies everywhere.

What’s the rush grandpa? Well, some of us have places to be #### to do and lives to live. Just because yours is almost over doesn’t mean traffic needs to come to a snails pace so that you can feel safer.

Also to answer your question earlier I think I’ve had like 2 or 3 in 15 years. Including multi nova maybe 6? Not many though. But, speed limits are annoyingly low. Stoney Trail is an absolute joke. That road looks like it was engineered like the Autobahn.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 06-05-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Mr.Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote