View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #268
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Oh my god.

Andersson established himself as a regular this year as a 22-year old, and 19-year-old Valimaki made the team out of camp. He was supplanted only because of a serious injury that wiped out most of his season. Andrew Mangiapane played 44 games in his 22-year-old season, and 19-year old Dillon Dube also made the team out of camp. Barring any movement, all of these players will be on the roster next season
I'm thinking that a big reason why the Flames appear to be open to moving one Brodie or Hamonic is because they do trust their youth and realize that when healthy both Valimaki, and Anderson should be in the lineup with Hanifin, and Kylington is there to challenge for a spot too. It appears that this might actually be the primary reason to make this type of move now too with the secondary benefit being either a forward upgrade in return, or draft pick with some cap relief.

It's fine to trust youth, if the youth is good. Pretty much every young Flames player who should have got a look in the NHL last year did get one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post: