View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #153
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Juice View Post
What are the chances that we trade up to the top 5 in this years draft? I Have not been following the draft eligibles much this year so forgive me if I’m way out to lunch with this.

I feel like Chicago is a wild card to move out of the top 5? I would think as long as they have Kane and Toews they will try to keep their window to win as long as possible.

So would a deal involving

Brodie + Jankow + our 1st be enough to get the conversation started? Again I don’t know if people are considering this to be a strong draft year with generational talent.

I might be over valuing our players but if they were traded simply for picks I would imagine it to be something like this

Brodie = late first and a second
Jankow = early second

So It would be 2 firsts and 2 seconds which seems relativily close unless your Chicago and you think that the player in the top 5 will make more of an impact than both Brodie, Jankow and who ever they would get at 26.
I don't think that package is enough to get the Flames into the top 10 (or even get the conversation started). I think you're valuing Brodie and Jankowski correctly, but Chicago's pick really does have a ton of value.
I don't think there's any chance the Flames trade up that high. Those types of rumors always end up being nothing for some reason. In this case, there aren't even rumors (yet).

I am confident the Flames will have a pretty good draft without trades. For the most part, they'll draft whichever player has the highest ceiling at the spot. And I'm fine with that.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote