View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #5561
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I don't think anyone disagrees with these complaints.

Most people don't have an actual problem with Dany's turn or Arya killing the Night King.
It's just that the writing that made these things happen was so poor. They tried so hard to make it unpredictable that they ultimately just made it nonsensical.

I thought the plot armor problem started in season 7 when they went beyond the wall to get a wight (and this entire premise was stupid).
In the most recent episode, there was no suspense in watching Arya escape from the fire. We all knew she wasn't going to die.

This season was kind of doomed before it even started. There just weren't enough episodes to get it all done well. This is D & D's fault, because HBO offered them more episodes and money to get more done. They rejected the offer because they wanted to work on other things.

I'm scared of what they're going to do to Star Wars. That franchise has already taken enough of a hit.

The point of the shot following Arya was not that she was going to die, it was to show the horror on the ground. It is easier to have the viewer invested and impacted when following a character, as compared to just a smorgasbord of shots.
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post: