View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #105
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Brett Leason would be nice but I think he’s starting to drop on many draft lists. I’ve seen him show up as a 2nd rounder on a lot of recent lists. I think there will be better candidates for Calgary’s first round pick.

Sticking with over-agers, I like Samuel Fagemo from Sweden. He’s playing in Sweden and was over here for the WJC. I could see him still available for Calgary’s 3rd round pick.
Looks like Fagemo might not be around for Calgary's 3rd round pick after all. Scott Wheeler's Top 100 list is out now and he ranked Fagemo at 42.
Quote:
42. Samuel Fagemo — LW/RW, Frölunda HC, 5-foot-11
It took Fagemo some time to figure out exactly how he was most useful. There was a decent stretch of his young career where he tried to do too much and make things happen on his own and it meant that the skills he had weren’t being used to the best of his ability. Then, at the beginning of this year in SuperElit, he flipped a switch and basically decided he was going to be a pure scorer — but an unselfish one. That’s not always easy to do. Players who can blow pucks past goaltenders with a release like Fagemo’s (the puck curls off his blade without it even looking like he was shooting it) want to be volume shooters who use their skill to get to the slot and score. The inherent problem with that mentality is that it’s often counterproductive because it puts pressure on them to make individual plays and shoot through traffic. Now, Fagemo has dedicated himself to getting open and sliding into soft pockets in the offensive zone. In doing so, he gets more time to pick his spot and score. It takes the right kind of linemates but it’s eminently more dangerous. His 14 goals and 25 points in 42 games ranked first among under-19 SHL players, ahead of Blues first-round pick Dominik Bokk (who is actually a month older than Fagemo). He’s legit, overage status be damned, and will be a power play threat at any level. His skating has vastly improved too, which makes him a puck carrying threat that defencemen have to be cognizant of, especially now that he has begun to learn to go wide instead of trying to do too much.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote