Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 08:45 AM   #2041
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Honestly the annual new technology & improvements aren't for Joe Golfer who pokes it down the fairway 190 yards. It is not going to make a noticeable difference for 95% of golfers.

They are for improved distance and control for the guy who hits a 290 yard high draw down the middle and wants to hit it 305 instead.

95% of golfers will score the same regardless of their equipment. The other 5% are the ones who see the noticeable difference with the new & improved technology. It's all just marketing.
I watched a show a few years ago (and maybe posted that at some point) where they had pros hitting old clubs, new clubs, and old balls as well as new. They concluded that the biggest difference isn’t actually the clubs, but the balls. Obviously if you crush it and it ends up off course it’s not going to help. But when the pros were hitting the hickory shafted clubs on that show they were getting the same distance as with the new clubs.

One thing I think the clubs can do though is straighten you out. I had a driver that was supposed to do that and it was awesome. I guess that’s the idea of the hybrids as well.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: