View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 05:24 PM   #188
ST20
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Ok but now you’ve just provided proof of what I said earlier, the system already works, so why change?

As for the second part, you’re falling into the same issue I raised earlier. Everyone agrees that supply and demand set the price but you’re also trying to say that higher profit margins for sellers will somehow lower prices without lower demand. It makes no sense. That’s not how economics work.
How does the system work? You are saying that from the buyers perspective. Demand for tickets have been down in this economy, once the economy recovers these games will sell for much higher which would mean the benefit for selling on CP would no longer be there. The example I gave was for prices close to face value.

To your second point we are talking about games with high demand. It's already clearly established that low demand games won't even come into this conversation as prices are already low and that is the market price. However, for high demand games for which this thread is applicable and where there are more people willing to buy; having access to more tickets will lower the price. That is how economics works.

It won't be lower than a market interfering policy of limiting the prices artficially low to an artificial "face value" but on the other side the beauty about being a seller is you don't have to sell it for a price that you don't want to. So in short the capped price will mean no tickets on CP because they can get a better price elsewhere. Feel free to correct my economics if you don't agree.

Last edited by ST20; 03-25-2019 at 05:27 PM.
ST20 is offline   Reply With Quote