View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #87
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
ST20 - not sure how to beat explain the sentiment I think people have, but will have a go.
Other ticket resale sites are more anonymous. Less personal interaction in the transaction, usually the site processes payment and the tix are downloaded.
Sure, if you let any pricing go on CP, you can mutually agree on a price in a transaction but it doesn’t mean that everyone is satisfied with the resultant price. You start to get in to the area where you could have uncapped gouging, amongst people who can be known to one another, who have to interact to arrange the logistics of payment and delivery and it is not anonymous.

To me, the fees with other sites provide some logistic handling, anonymity, guarantee, etc. That’s not what CP is to me, it’s more of a community than a marketplace.

Does that make sense?

Plenty of places on line to go make profit if you want it that badly. CP seems more like a place for a transaction involving a degree of gentlemen’s agreement
How would there be gouging? It takes two parties to agree on a price. And there are public markets out there like Ticketmaster and Stubhub to provide relevant context.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote