View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #125
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I care,

I’m not comfortable in having a server pay to serve me regardless of who’s fault that is.

Have you quit tipping yet?
I'm not comfortable with a server having to pay to serve me either so I blanket tip 15% every time as a standard service charge since that's basically what it is now. But I think the larger point that encompasses this entire issue is that it shouldn't be my responsibility as a consumer to familiarize myself with how someone gets paid. Someone had a good example in this thread of pointing out that some states have different min wage laws or tip out procedures but I shouldn't have to research the exact minimum wage state by state or tip out % restaurant to restaurant, that's not my problem. It's basically only restaurants that do this too, it's not my responsibility to know what the person giving me my shoes at the bowling alley, food at McDonalds, or laundry at the dry cleaners makes or what their costs are to employers. There's a minimum wage for a reason, everyone makes at least that and then beyond that since we live in a free society where employees and employers can come to agreement on wages anyone working is there on their own free will.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote