View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #2100
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They had Sigalet on the post gamer show last night. Depending on if you believe anything that comes out of a coaches mouth this time of year, the plan is to get both guys games in the final stretch. They want both to be in a rhythm for playoffs. Playing well, and feeling good about their game. I tend to believe that, especially with the work that Rittich has received lately. They built Smith back up, and after a tough stretch, they built Rittich back up.

I don't even know who I want to start game 1. Smith's wackiness concerns me, but when he is at his best which I believe he still can be, he is pretty good.

Rittich has provided the best level of goaltending this season. BSD has stolen some games this year. But I have noticed a tendency for him to go down to the butterfly a tad bit early which seems to make him vulnerable to those well placed laser shots. You have to tip your hat to the shooter in those scenarios but I bet the scouting report on Rittich includes that.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if both goalies see work in round 1. Not because they struggled and pulled a Brian Elliott either.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post: