View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #30
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
I changed my eating habits a year and a half ago. Went Keto, IMO it’s a perfect WOE. But I’m not a Keto fanatic in any way. I did strict for the first 4 weeks, and lost 26 pounds. Since then I’ve gone “dirty Keto” and have maintained my weight since. I literally don’t think twice about what I eat. I’m just used to it and adapt to wherever I go.

I eat all meats, Basically all above ground veggies and a small amount of fruits.

What I don’t eat is starches and sugar. So no potatoes or any tubelar veggies or really any beans. The main thing I don’t eat is bread. I make my own with almond flour and psyllium husk powder - it’s amazing and super easy to make. As for sugars, I’ve switched to stevia, eurythatol and monk fruit.

Overall, this lifestyle has brought my levels (bp, cholesterols, etc...) back to when I was in the Forces. My doc loves it and encourages me to continue.

Keto is not for everyone but the main thing, whatever you decide to use as your WOE, stick to it and then it becomes second nature and you instinctively know what to avoid, especially when eating out. Just make sure your “diet” doesn’t make you have to really change your lifestyle and if anything keeps your energy levels up.

Good luck!
Almost exactly the same as me, except I lost 50 lbs over 8 months. Been holding steady for the past 12 months now (dirty keto), and am about to start up strict keto again to try to lose another 20 or so.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianman For This Useful Post: