View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #40
evman150
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
My wife and I went through a miscarriage
The wounds never fully heal. It becomes part of who you are as a person, individual and family.
I take comfort knowing that if we had not gone through that, we would not have my daughter. All paths lead to her - which is what matters to me.
It happens to a lot of families, and is talked about not enough. And when it is talked about some of the things people say are so ignorant.
People go through it in many different ways. I think it's also important to voice that it's okay if it's not a life-changing tragedy for you. I had a big fight in the past because certain family members made me feel as if I wasn't feeling sad enough about the whole thing.

Maybe some people appreciate the effusive condolences. But for some, it can instill a shame that you don't feel like you need the condolences, and you wonder what is wrong with you.

For what it's worth, I really like your attitude - "All paths lead to her". Absolutely. Bang on.
"For thousands of years humans were oppressed - as some of us still are - by the notion that the universe is a marionette whose strings are pulled by a god or gods, unseen and inscrutable." - Carl Sagan
Freedom consonant with responsibility.

evman150 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to evman150 For This Useful Post: