View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #1208
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I think it's probably since Man of Steel. Nobody can argue against the Nolan Batman trilogy being good movies.

I finally watched Aquaman this weekend...was okay but really I still think DC falls into the same trap all the time.

Really tried to force some cheese and comedy into the Aquaman character and they just aren't as good at working comedy into their movies as Marvel are.

Plus they are always good for at least one "what the hell is that" character design choice per movie - in this one it was Black Manta.

Watching it now really validated my opinion that it was a combo of Momoa and a soft release slate at christmas that allowed it to have so much success because really it's not all that good of a movie.
I actually just watched Aquaman on the weekend as well.

I'd probably class it in DC's top-3 but....it had a lot of warts.

Very, very, veeeeeeeery slow film and the only actor they cast that could actually act beyond annoyed grunting (looking at you Momoa, Heard, Wilson and Lundgren) was Willem Dafoe who probably should have learned his lesson about accepting comic-book roles.

Honestly, it was okay, it had cool and funny moments, but god did it drag ass for long stretches of time.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote