Thread: Nhl 19
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #219
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I finally picked this up after seeing a price drop and am mostly impressed with the improvements. The game play hasn't really changed in 15 years however they made some good tweaks which make fore checking and defensive play easier and more realistic. Also it seems like they have removed a few ways to score glitch goals which is always good.

One thing that has always bugged me though is the difficulty. When I play on Pro almost every game is a 6-1 win where there is lots of open ice and I out shoot the other team 40-14 but when I move up to All Star almost every game is a nail biting 2-1 loss where open ice is a novelty and I am out shot 25-15. It's not like the CPU is playing any better when I up the difficultly they just get faster and better at blocking passes and shots. Maybe I need a bigger adjustment in my style of play when going up a difficulty but it does seems like a bad game design to not offer a difficultly level that provides an appropriate challenge for me.
I can't stand that either. To me it seems like the AI just isn't that good at positioning so difficulty just makes them pass better, shoot lazers, and turn into puck magnets that intercept every puck even if it's not within reach.

It's why I pretty much only play Franchise mode now and simulate 90% of the actual games
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote