View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #291
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
I would love one example where it was a refs fault that a player got injured. You've said a lot of ludicrous things in this thread, and we get it, you don't like refs, but this is the most laughable
Likeing or not liking refs isn't the point (BTW I am ambivalent on refs).

Example of player getting injuried due to ref inaction:

A player who is a friend was injured in a game where the ref didn't control the scrum engagement, didn't enforce legal binding, allowed lifting of the front row & allowed the opposition prop to bore in. All of things went on without any response from the ref, eventually a scrum collapsed resulting in a neck injury to my friend (it ended his season, but could have been much worse). Had the ref policed the scrum to the law this would not have happened, or at least the chance of it happening would have been greatly reduced.

When the club addressed this with the Referee Society it closed ranks and essentially said the ref did not error in the handling of the scrum engagement.

I have an axe to grind with that type of ref(s) response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
to me the only way you could likely even start to blame a ref for an injury is if little johnny was running around the ice during a non-contact game hitting everything that moved and he was not penalized and eventually a hit lead to an injury. otherwise, perhaps the ref had a different view of the play, perhaps eh just missed it.

UCB - that is a pretty blanket statement about officiating in the province. have you or are you a ref?
To be clear my comment was on rugby reffing in the province. Do I ref, no. I played (30 years) and have coached for 20+yrs.

Does not being a ref preclude me from having an opinion?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote