View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #78
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
I don’t think I’m the one applying my own narrative?

He’s basically transformed into a politician. Advocating on how he takes a stand for truth and justice at no matter the cost. He’s labeled his celebrity as a role model for the black community and the injustices that the black community in USA has faced. The slogan for his 20 million dollar Nike ad campaign is even “Believe in something, even if it means losing everything”.

So now when he potentially had a good chance to expose the NFL for what he alleged was collusion on the NFL’s part too keep him out of the league for racist reasons. A chance to take a stand. He took the money and now there will never be any admission on the NFL’s part. Which if he really does believe in what he stands for ecspecially when money is not an issue for him you think would of been his main goal right? Why not expose them for what he’s alleged. Him taking the payout to me screams either selling out or the case just wasn’t there and he accepted the money to go away. I hardly look at it as a moral victory for Kap.

All aside I’d of taken the money too. In a heartbeat. But I’m not a warrior for justice trying to make an example of myself to the world. I’m just selfish old me who could really use the money. Which too me is what he turned out to be. Anyone who says this is a victory for the Kap movement is delusional. If accountability was always the spoken goal and now he’s taking the money and letting them off the hook how can people claim he was being authentic when he’s shown his silence can be bought and maybe he really isn’t prepared too “lose it all”.
Yeah, again, that's your own narrative on the purpose of the lawsuit from Kap's end, based on a Nike advertisement. I love people (not necessarily you) on the right screaming "IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!" Of course it was. Congratulations, and welcome to capitalism.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote