View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #15
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
This seems so pie in the sky, but man would I love to see something like this.

Very real and personal accountability for users across all platforms.
I think it just takes a platform wanting to change the conversation happening amongst it's users, and a willingness to moderate it to fix that. I think a platform like that would do well to draw in people like myself that are sick and tired of the hate and vitriol that pops up everywhere.

I hope we're not far off, as the tone of every platform is pretty gross and I'm sure they're not thrilled either (besides the tons of money millions of anonymous people bring them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Quite the opposite. Just makes it far easier for harassers and stalkers to target people IRL.
I would hope that a better way to think of social media would make it more difficult for your average user to track people down as well.

Today's social media blasts all our private info to the world while at the same time allowing people to anonymously say the worst things imaginable. Where someone can anonymously find out where you live, work, and socialize... but also can say things without a trace that would end up in a lawsuit, it's broken.

I could see a verified account, focused on privacy being a solution here. When we get to the point that 'User-X' can be charged with harassment, I think we'll see a much different world. But it doesn't mean that everyone has access to 'User-X's' info - just info that's available and verified if something needs to be done with it.

I can dream...
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post: