Thread: [Game Takes] Bolts 6 Flames 3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #11
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Sorry that you are offended. Doesn’t help to come back with shot count and goal count.

Really, watch the highlights again if you must, and tell me what Rittich should stop. Because that was an offensive clinic by Tampa.

Don’t give me shot locations and save percentages, because shot quality and shot placement are more important. Not all shots from the same location are equal.

Goal 1 - one timer from slot, passed from behind net, placed above blocker, bar down. No goalie reasonably stops it

Goal 2 - pass to Paquette in slot, one timer inside trapper side post. Placed perfectly. No goalie reasonably stops it.

Goal 3 - Gio is pushing Gourde through the blue paint right in front of Rittich. At the split second Rittich moves his head to the right to try to see past them, the shot is on the way by. Didn’t stop what he couldn’t see.

Goal 4 - puck is fed into the crease by Kucherov, as Rittich slides across, a tiny gap opens up. Cirelli is in the crease unchallenged and his stick is there to tap it in, while Gio is stumbling behind him. Split second timing. Perfect tap in.

Goal 5 - Gourde tip, redirection inside the post. A goal on any goalie who is in position tracking the shot.

Goal 6 - Stamkos one timer, over the shoulder, top corner. No goalie can physically react in time to stop it. If Stamkos places it where he intends, it’s a goal every time.

Again, I liked his save on Stamkos PP one timer, tracked Erne well on his breakaway cut across the crease

Forget the denominator and watch the game. Forget the other 21 shots. It could have been 6 goals on 6 shots, if those were the shots, and I would say Rittich stopped everything he could.

So average? That’s just, like, your opinion, man.

And my opinion is that your opinion is wrong. Sorry to offend.

Tampa’s a deadly team and that was on full display last night. I don’t think many people are blaming Rittich for the goals - as you illustrate they were tough chances.

The flip side is that a hot goalie does make some of those saves, even if the puck just randomly hits the shaft of their stick or a desperation kick just catches a piece of the puck with a skate blade. We saw BSD make those saves earlier this season. We aren’t seeing them as often now, so yeah he’s average at best right now.

He made some great saves last night too, I’m not throwing him under the bus, but if you’re suggesting he played as well as any goalie could I disagree. Look at Markstrom the other night as an example.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote