View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:25 PM   #13
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Boy I dislike narratives like this. I've posted the long version of my response a billion times but here is the short version:

Take away the one bad game (where he didn't get the benefit of a mercy pull) against Vegas and suddenly that is 3-3-1 and a league average .908 SV%. That includes Giordano's worst defensive performance of the season. And a few more pretty bad team performances against Boston and Colorado. And take away his overconfident giveaway against the Preds with a two goal lead and that becomes a .913

Rittich had a pretty bad game and the team wasn't very good in the second half. Sample size was way too small to be throwing around a phrase like "cringe-worthy" during that span, as if he cost us every game.
I never understood this to be the point of the article, which seems pretty clearly to me to tell a story about a goalie who learned from a tough stretch of games to improve. Simply put: Rittich is better this year than he was last season.

"Cringe-worthy" is an exaggeration, but I do not know that it differs much from a lot of the special pleading taking place in your re-telling. The way I see it, neither the Flames nor Rittich played well in March 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote