View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #8
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its also foolish to attempt to draw conclusions from flawed data.

The team quit. The goalie got hung out to dry. The coaching was Dead Man Walking. What can you learn from a bunch of guys going through the motions and playing out the string?
Quote:
Despite solid stats as a backup, Rittich seemed overwhelmed by the pressure of suddenly being the go-to guy for a team that was fighting for a playoff invite, struggling to a 3-4-1 record with a cringe-worthy .888 save percentage during that span.

Sigalet wanted to be sure that Rittich eventually benefitted from that bummer. His troubles, he stressed, were not technical.

“Last year, when he got the net, I think he lost his personality a little bit,” Sigalet said. “He was almost too focused. I know that sounds weird, but he’s better when he’s loose and just treating every game like the same, whether you’re playing one in every seven games or you’re playing every night.

“I send him a text every night saying, ‘Be David Rittich. Same preparation, same way. Don’t change anything.’ ”
https://calgarysun.com/sports/hockey...oad-for-flames

I am thankful that David Rittich seems to take a different approach than blaming his troubles on his teammates and his coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: