Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #77
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I don't think that's all on Rian Johnson. Let's be honest while EP 7 wasn't great it also isn't as bad as the fan base made it out to seem and not bad enough to boycott all things Star Wars. One thing with the Star Wars fan base is that they are pretty toxic with anything that changes their view of the original trilogy and it's characters.

So think that the biggest problems that Solo had was that it was a "re-imagining" of a core OT character and where it fell in the Disney release calendar.

1) I think if they changed the movie from being Solo centric to Lando centric that it would have done better. The core fanbase don't want to see the core 4 (Hans, Luke, Leia, Vader) changed at all. Think if the movie was Lando focused with Hans as a sub character with a more secondary role it would have had more hype. Think that's a big reason Rogue One was successful, it focused on secondary characters, and gave you just enough Badass Vader to tie it back to the OT.

2) It made no sense for Solo to be released May 10th, a whole 13 days after Avengers Infinity War, and 4 months after Ep 7.

I'd almost guarantee that if Solo released on December 14th and only had to go head to head with Spider-Man Into The SpiderVerse, Aquaman, Bumblebee, and Mary Poppins as it's biggest holiday movie competition that it would have done much better.
There was nothing wrong with Ep 7. It was great.

Ep 8 though....
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post: