View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 12:46 PM   #260
showtime
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Certainly worth at least considering I would think. Nothing is unsurmountable but keep in mind the following if this were to happen:

1. Sprinbank is unique in that it consists of players from both within and outside the City of Calgary. Assuming all City kids would stay inside Hockey Calgary then they would need an association to play in.

2. I don't know the exact split, but considering my point above I'm not sure how many kids would actually leave Hockey Calgary by doing this. The end result is there may not be a significant reduction in player numbers.

3. Hockey Calgary would 'lose' access to the ice that Springbank utilizes - Springbank School and to some extend Edge School.

4. Calgary Royals (quadrant/elite) would lose players. Woudl this significantly affect them?

5. where would Springbank players go to play Elite hockey? (choice of two associations - based in Airdrie and Okotoks)
I won't comment on the other aspects but in terms of elite hockey, it would significantly impact NWCAA and Royals.
showtime is offline   Reply With Quote