View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #1468
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post
-Along with the Calgary Zoo. I still see fragments of it as I remember it, the lion and tiger enclosures are the same, but I miss the old buildings. The reptile, primate, australian houses. And of course the polar bears. It seemed much bigger and had more stuff than it does now,

I go to the Zoo every time I’m back in Calgary, my family are avid zoo-goers. (if you’ve ever been talked to by a tall, bearded volunteer with an Australian accent in either the butterfly house or penguin plunge that’s my dad) I’ve probably been to the zoo close to 500 times in my life and it is so much bigger and better than it used to be.

The combination of “Canadian wilds” section and then Zoo Island make it actually a challenge to see everything in a day, especially so if you take a trip through the dinosaur section.

The exhibits themselves are so much better too. There is no comparison between the current Africa exhibits and the old primate and big-mammal houses. Do I miss the elephants and polar bears? Of course. But the quality of life the animals experience is so much better than it was.

The old zoo is definitely not a thing I miss about “old Calgary.”

That Mother’s pizza glass posted above though, that made my nostalgia bone hurt.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driveway For This Useful Post: