View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 03:14 PM   #41
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Do you think in 5 years, if MB, BMW, Lexus, Volvo etc have electric power trains, that people would still chose a Tesla though? I'm dubious about that. The car industry is full of innovators that got run over once the big guys caught up.

I get that today, Tesla is the obvious choice for a unique vehicle with an electric power train. I'm just not sure that's going to be the case going forward.
I guess we'll have to see. All I know is that Tesla has built up an ass-ton of brand equity in their niche, so they have a really nice head start..and it's not just about the tech. BMW has had electric cars out there for years now...but when's the last time you saw a BMW i3? GM's electric car products are already pretty great, but I see 10 Teslas for very Bolt or Volt on the road. I don't think they'll maintain their lead from a technical perspective, but they may be able to retain their brand advantage through other means. Not unlike with Apple, it's not always about the technology.

In the end the car though the car business is a tough one. Their best bet may be to get bought out.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post: