View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #75
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I don't believe that's ever been confirmed, so I don't buy that there are hard feelings between the club and the player. He announced his retirement here. Furthermore, if he did "nix" a trade, it was within his rights and I would sooner pin ineptitude on Feaster than I would discourtesy on Iginla.

I'd like a list of Theo's transgressions against the club since I am not aware of them. I know he said some dumb things like his shootout goal was historic, but I don't know of any bad things he said. Having said that, he was lucky to even get a tryout in the first place; the Flames didn't owe him that.
I had a conversation with James Duthie when he was the speaker at the RDC Sports Breakfast in Red Deer. I made a joke about Flames fans wanting more Aaron Ward trade calls and he told me the whole story about how it went down and how Boston's staff were completely stunned when the official announcement came out that he was going to Pittsburgh. One Boston player had already been told he was going to Calgary (Khokhlachev, I believe). Iggy approved both teams, Feaster finalized it and came back to Iginla who suddenly changed his mind. Feaster salvaged a trade with Pittsburgh.

That's a pretty solid source.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: