Thread: 2018 NFL thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #2934
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Mayock's track record with prospect evaluation is middling (reminder JaMarcus was his highest ever rated prospect). Gruden's track record at drafting is poor at best. This seems like it has disaster written all over it. The fact they gave Gruden carte blanche to run the organization was always the major warning sign though. His contract makes him close to unfireable until at least year five, but I can only imagine the damage Gruden will inflict in five years.
That's not true as you have a knack for bending the truth to suit your narrative. Mayock's evaluation was 100% spot on at the end of the day;

Quote:
"This year, I can't get over how good and talented JaMarcus Russell is. It just blew me away. If I had the first, second, third, fourth, fifth pick in that draft, I would be tearing apart his personal life trying to figure out whether or not I could trust this kid with $10-million ... From a physical skill set perspective, I've never seen a college quarterback with more ability than Russell. You put the tape on and it's frightening. The only thing that's going to keep [Russell] from being great is him. What it comes down to is you've got to figure out whether or not this kid wants to be the best quarterback in football. If he wants to be the best quarterback in football, he can be." -- NFL Network's Mike Mayock
By many accounts Russell had one of the best pro days ever but there were questions about if he loved the game and Mayock was weary of that.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: