View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #1042
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Liberal's are putting a Boeing clause in the bid documents for the Fighter Jet replacement.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...n-the-new-year

Quote:
The Canadian government has introduced the change to the standard procurement process with a new provision that defence analysts say was aimed directly at Boeing. The move came after the U.S. firm complained to the Trump administration that its Quebec-based competitor Bombardier was receiving unfair Canadian government subsidies on the production of its C-Series civilian passenger aircraft. The U.S. ruled in favour of Boeing, resulting in Bombardier facing duties of almost 300 per cent on sales of its C-Series planes in America.

I mean first of all they were going to pay 6 billion for 18 F-18 Superhornets or a cost of $333 million dollars per plane, which is more then 3 times that of the F-35.

Now they're putting what basically amounts to a Economic clause to limit competition to Bombardier.

I would expect that Boeing will tell us they they're not going to bid if that clause goes in. At the same time, I'm still expecting the Eurofighter to drop out over requirements clauses.

That would leave the Gripen and the F-35. The Liberals are going to corner themselves on buying the F-35 if they want the best jet available. Or buy the less capable Gripen JAS-29.

The Liberals are making a true hash out of this.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote