View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #2004
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
While the team looks good right now, i still have concerns about Treliving's cap management and the team's overall approach to goaltenders. Team currently has 6k in cap space according to capfriendly. Makes adds at the deadline pretty difficult.

Hell of an rfa negotiator though, really hope he can work some magic on tkachuk after failing to negotiate with him in the off season when his demand was 7m aav. Would feel alot better if we had him locked up at say 6.5 longterm...if tkachuck holds out or we end up losing a key piece because of his overspending in ufa then he'll be feeling some heat...but not yet.

Side note, I think Crawford would be a great fit in goal for us. Lots of folks don't consider him a top goalie but he is a winner and winning is what its all about. 1.5 years 6m per, how can we make it work?

There are a few certainties in a cap world.

Very good teams will always have some cap issues.

Very good teams likely will have to make certain tough choices and sometimes be forced to trade decent players.

All teams will have some flaws. The restrictions placed on teams due to a hard cap practically guarantees that teams cannot cover every possible situation, resulting in some weakness for every team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk