View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #264
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I've talked about his lack of production often, I'm not oblivious to it.

Didn't set out to put words in your mouth it's an honest question.

As I've stated often, once the productive players have spots in your line up I think you look to guys that generate emotion, chances, momentum to fill it in.

They have value.

Do you not see that in Bennett? Does he have to produce to not be traded or to show some patience?

I see a top line ... 2/3 of a second line and three guys that have been or could be filling in the last spot.

Frolik is shut down.
Neal is finish
Bennett is jam/energy (chances)

That puts Bennett in a 6-8 ranking on the team in value which isn't a terrible thing. I don't go out of my way to trade that.
Precisely. Everyone (including him) wishes he would convert those chances but he makes positive things happen out there in so many different ways. Incredibly valuable.

People mentioned Byron and I recall reading how he watched a video of all the missed breakaways he got here - said his hands were moving too fast or something like that. I feel Bennett might have a similar issue in that he wants it so bad, he can't calm himself in those scoring situations - he rushes it i.e. it's a mental trap.

I mean I've seen him finish, I've seen him rocket shots top shelf so it's not that he's totally incapable. I totally understand people's issue with him not producing but I feel he's got it in him to be a significant offensive contributor but it will take a commitment by the organization to get him there (offensive linemates and PP time). Obviously he has to justify it with his play but I believe the personnel on the roster is very good and it's up to the coaches to unlock some combinations that get him (and a few guys) going.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote