View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #10
FFF
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Going to my first Flames game tonight! After picking the Flames as a little kid in the 80s (out of antagonistic nature I guess, being what seemed like the only kid in Finland to do so, it seemed, as others went with the Oilers due to Kurri, Tikkanen and Ruotsalainen and a general love of slimeballs), following the team more closely since the early run of the 2001-02 season, riding through the great 2004 run (doing my military service, getting results via SMS from my father to lessons & camps, listening to the heartbreaking Game Seven on Fan in the middle of night), enduring the Keenan years, Kipper and Iginla slowly declining, the general apathy, having the passion re-ignited with the infusion of talent and fun (Monahan, Gaudreau) -- living in LA this fall, it is awesome to finally see them live.

I fully expect them to lay an egg tonight, though.
"And when the moment came -- they ran away from the word of dishonor, but on the battlefield their feet stood fast, and in an instant, at the height of their fortune, they passed away from the scene, not of their fear, but of their glory." - Thucydides, the Peloponnesian War
The Following 74 Users Say Thank You to FFF For This Useful Post:
Allos, ASP#26525, BeltlineFan, Beninho, Biff, BloodFetish, BsFaninCGY, burn_this_city, Calgary4LIfe, calgarywinning, Cali Panthers Fan, christoph186, chummer, cofias, CofR, CsInMyBlood, DaQwiz, Demaeon, drewtastic, Enoch Root, FFFLife, flame^thrower, Freddy, Gallick, Gaskal, gonzo29, GranteedEV, HalifaxDrunk, heep223, Hockey-and_stuff, IamNotKenKing, icarus, indes, Inferno099, Insufficient Funds, Itse, jaymac106, jayswin, JBR, jg13, jkflames, killer_carlson, kingkahuna, kman35ca, Lanny'sDaMan, looooob, Maritime Q-Scout, Mightyfire89, Phaneufenstein, Poe969, PsYcNeT, PugnaciousIntern, Puppet Guy, RedHotC, Redliner, redpaint, Robo, Ryan Coke, Samonadreau, savardandjokinen, Save Us Sutter, Slacker, StAlbertFlame, Steve Bozek, Table 5, terryclancy, Textcritic, the2bears, TheGingerbeardMan, TheScorpion, tvp2003, Wolfman, ZedMan, Zulu29