View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #2326
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lets get back to the thread topic shall we?

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Chia-pet did an interview (https://theathletic.com/633532/2018/...onnor-mcdavid/) where he offered up these gems:

On the cap crunch caused by McDavid and Drai
Quote:
“But when you have a player like that, and then you have Leon (Draisaitl), it’s almost like what is the other decision? What’s the alternative?”
Hmmm, I don't know...dont dign Draisaitl for $2M more than market value?

Quote:
As a result, Chiarelli is modelling the Oilers after a team like the Pittsburgh Penguins, which employs high-priced superstars like Crosby and Evgeni Malkin and a bevy of players making around $1 million.
Like Kris Russel ($4M), Lucic ($6M), Strome ($3M), Kassian ($2M) and Koskinnen ($2.5M)? Those $1M dollar players Pete?

On trading Hall and signing Lucic
Quote:
“You know deep down they were the right things to do,” Chiarelli said. “And you stand by that.”

“Lucic had a down year last year,” he said. “He’s shown that he’s played significantly better this year. I knew that he would. But last year was tough. There was a lot of money for that player.

“I know he’s a character guy. I know he’s a proud guy. That was part of the equation when we signed him – for leadership. It didn’t work out last year. It worked out the year before. Now it looks like it’s working out. You look at someone like Dustin Brown in L.A. Players have down years. Free agent players aren’t cheap.”
Yep, sure is working out

E=NG
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Funkhouser For This Useful Post: