View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #239
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
None of them great goals, and there’d be a lot of vitriol at Smith if those went in on him.
Not square in the first one or stick on the ice, second beat him clean (screened, but Smith got crap on here for letting in his screened shot a few games ago), third one he let slide under and then he gets up and rants st the refs, when it was already through him before contact.

After going down 4-3 late in the third,the Hawks took about 4 shots from longer range, padding their shot total, but really just looking to sneak one in, and Rittich, and he didn’t look 100% comfortable as to where they were on his body.

Certinly didn’t look confident, lost the one puck that popped up in the air late in the first, and fortunate he didn’t slide too far out of the net and a Hawks player shot it into his pad. Toss in his terrible penalty too.
Had Smith taken that penalty, you better believe the wrath of CP would have been fast and furious.

I did notice at the end — Rittich was almost shaking his head like “thanks guys, you won this game not me”. Going forward I think both guys will need to keep pushing each other to be better — its too soon to write off Smith completely yet also premature to anoint Rittich as the number 1.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote